In March when Rob retired we were lucky enough to have the kids come out from TN. It was Jackie's and Serenity's first time on a plane! Poor things had the worse luck with missing their connection and having to wait it out in an airport but they finally got to us and we had a wonderful SHORT weekend with them. They are WONDERFUL parents and she's an awesome kiddo!
On Sunday we had to take them back to the airport in TX, a 2 hour drive. We got there in plenty of time but the lady behind the airlines counter messed things up, not giving Cody a boarding pass and well...they missed THAT flight too! Now they had a 4 hour layover with us in TX!
REALLY? COOL - 4 XTRA HOURS!!!
So we went and had lunch and walked around the mall, bought some coffee, shirts, just spent the time together - we were so thankful for those 4 extra hours!!! I took this pic of them and then scrapped in on a layout that I LOVE!!! yup - its PINK which i love but I also love the page map sketch I used - really dig the paper criss cross pattern I did on the side! And those alphas - make my heart skip a beat! they are sooo cool!!!
I did this LO for the August challenge at SCRAP IT GIRL - Numbers Challenge http://www.scrapitgirl.net/index.php/2012/08/01/august-challenge-july-winner/
I did this LO for the August challenge at SCRAP IT GIRL - Numbers Challenge http://www.scrapitgirl.net/index.php/2012/08/01/august-challenge-july-winner/
I was lucky enough to have won a prize for a crop at Piece of Scrap *my scrappy online home* http://pieceofscrap.org/forum/index.php early this year and used this wonderful Doodlebug Design Inc paper pack "sweet cakes" and Bubblegum Doodle Twine on this LO, along with inked edges, Rockstar Metal alphas and a card stock sticker from Scenic Route Little princess.
PINK makes me happy, these 3 people make me happy, put them together and I am one happy Gramma!!!
Love, love, love your layout and the story behind it! Also, love how you incorporated the "tickled pink" phrase in with the pink elements on your page. Thanks for joining Scrap-It-Girl's August challenge. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time! Love the paper strips in the corner of the picture. Very cool! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you for entering the Scrap It Girl "Use your Numbers" Design Challenge. Your entry is so cute, I love pink :) For more crafty inspiration follow my FB Page: www.facebook.com/mothershipscrapbookgal
ReplyDeletexoxo, Rina Gonzales, Scrap It Girl Design Team Member
What a great page! I love all the pink. ;) Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!
ReplyDelete- April